Two people were found dead Tuesday morning in a home in southeast Macon, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, the Bibb County coroner said.
Nieshera Brown, 27, and her nephew Nasir Ragin, 15, were discovered by people working on the house around 9 a.m. The home is located at 917 N. Ponce de Leon Circle, between Houston Avenue and Interstate 75 in a neighborhood just south of Evergreen Cemetery, Coroner Leon Jones said.
The carbon monoxide poisoning was allegedly caused by a gasoline generator inside the house. Brown and Ragin just moved into the house yesterday. According to the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, the generator was running when the bodies were discovered.
The next of kin have been notified and the bodies will be sent to the GBI crime lab for autopsies.
The house they were in, a 977 square foot rental, was built in 1940. Tax records show the place is owned by a Stone Mountain man.
This story was originally published April 26, 2022 9:51 a.m.